Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else! We have had great reviews on TripAdvisor, below being the most recent. You can also take a look and then check out our Grand Caribe Belize Reviews on TripAdivsor to see more Grand Caribe reviews.
Nov 28, 2010 | Trip type: Family
The Grand Caribe looks to me to be the best, and most underrated Ambergris Caye Resort. It might be overlooked and underrated in tripadvisor because it is north of the bridge, but let me tell you what you get for being a few minutes outside San Pedro Town:
- You get to choose when you are in the charm and dust of San Pedro.
- You get to choose when to be around the imbibing party folk.
- You get the best pool on the island.
- You get peace and quiet when you want it, with easy access to the fun of San Pedro.
- You get the best secluded beach on the island.
- You get the best housing value on the island, with great service. Having your own sparkling new kitchen is huge, especially when traveling with teenagers.
- The maid service is fabulous…they do the dishes and your personal laundry every day along with the usual cleaning (for free, by the way…no extra charge for laundry like at a hotel).
- You have a great dock and are just a short boat ride or golf cart ride into the shops and food vendors and restaurants in San Pedro.
- You get a great staff, especially Eli who gets whatever you want done.
If you haven’t been to Belize before, don’t expect it to have the infrastructure of Grand Cayman. But the diving and snorkeling is fabulous along and outside the barrier reef. And it truly is a place with lots of personality.
So that is the good stuff. My only negative is that the road between the hotel and San Pedro is not well maintained and is a bumpy ride in your golf cart. I understand that Grand Caribe is working on that problem.
P.S. Eli at Grand Caribe hooked us up with Island Divers and we had a great time.
< BACK TO BLOG HOME